This makes a great first course for any Thai curry or main course. The aroma is wonderful.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 liter chicken stock
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- 2 stalks lemongrass, chopped and bruised
- 5 slices ginger or 5 slices galangal, thick
- 3 hot green chili peppers, halved and seeds removed
- 1 bunch coriander, stems and roots finely chopped,leaves reserved
- 350 g chicken breasts, cut into thin broad slices
- 400 ml thick coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon palm sugar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- coriander leaves (to garnish)
- 1Pour the chicken stock into a wok over a high heat.
- 2Add the Kaffir lime leaves, lemongrass, ginger, chillies, coriander stems and roots.
- 3Bring to the boil and reduce the heat to a simmer for 10-15 minutes pressing the solids with a wooden spoon to release the flavour until reduced by half.
- 4Add coconut milk and simmer gently for 3 minutes.
- 5Add the chicken and stir for 30 seconds until chicken is just cooked.
- 6Stir through the lime juice, sugar and fish sauce.
- 7Serve immediately sprinkled with coriander leaves.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Chicken and Coconut Soup (Tom Kha Kai)
Serving Size: 1 (349 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 315.5
- Calories from Fat 197
- Total Fat 21.9 g
- Saturated Fat 14.8 g
- Cholesterol 42.4 mg
- Sodium 760.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 18.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
kaffir lime leaves