Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I found this recipe in the "Home Cooking" Magazine. The recipe was adapted by a University of Alberta Med Student named Helen Yeung. It is nothing short of "Awsome". I made it with Hot & Sour Soup and a Thai Salad. A big hit!!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts or 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons curry paste
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1⁄3 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- chopped fresh cilantro
- dry roasted peanuts or cashews or almonds
- mangoes or apples or banana
- Cut the chicken in 1 in pieces.
- Spray a large fry-pan or Dutch oven with cooking spray.
- Sear the chicken until browned on all sides.
- Remove from pan.
- Add onions and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, and saute for another 2 minutes.
- Add Curry Paste and Corrinder and cook 1 minute until fragrant.
- Return the chicken to the pot, and add the next 9 ingred.
- Stir, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to med-low, cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Stir cornstarch and water and add to pot.
- Let cook until thick.
- Serve over rice with garnishes.
LOVE IT! I have made this recipe consistently since 2007 when I first found it here. I always get requests from friends to make it... I use chucky peanut butter and either kick it up with a spicier curry or add some red pepper flakes. Wonderful taste, easy to make! THANK YOU!
We have always enjoyed satay chicken (usually made with a packet sauce) but I tried this and it was easy, absolutely terrific! Thank you! I will never go back to the pre made packet.
This is absolutely delicious. Even my husband, who is not enthusiastic about trying new things, really liked this. And it\\\'s easy to make as well. Kudos.