1/1 Photo of Thai Coconut Pumpkin Soup
Sue Lau's Note:
This dish is called "Gaeng Liang Fak Thong" in Thai. In English it's just called tasty.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup dried shrimp, soaked and chopped
- 2 fresh red chilies, thinly sliced
- 2 fresh green chilies, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon shrimp paste
- 6 cups water
- 2 cups fresh pumpkin, peeled and cut into 1 inch squares
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 8 -10 fresh basil leaves
- 1In a medium saucepan, stir-fry onion in oil until golden brown.
- 2Add shrimp, chiles, and shrimp paste; fry for 1 minute.
- 3Add water and bring to a boil.
- 4Add pumpkin, reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 5Add coconut milk and salt; return to a boil and cook until pumpkin is tender.
- 6Serve garnished with lemon juice, basil leaves, and cilantro.
Browse Our Top Coconut Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Coconut Pumpkin Soup
Serving Size: 1 (390 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 294.7
- Calories from Fat 253
- Total Fat 28.2 g
- Saturated Fat 19.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 610.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 3.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: