This dish is called "Gaeng Liang Fak Thong" in Thai. In English it's just called tasty.
Make and share this Thai Coconut Pumpkin Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 59.14 ml onion, finely chopped
- 59.14 ml dried shrimp, soaked and chopped
- 2 fresh red chilies, thinly sliced
- 2 fresh green chilies, thinly sliced
- 4.92 ml shrimp paste
- 1419.54 ml water
- 473.18 ml fresh pumpkin, peeled and cut into 1 inch squares
- 396.89 g can coconut milk
- 4.92 ml salt
- 29.58 ml fresh lemon juice
- 59.16 ml chopped fresh cilantro
- 8-10 fresh basil leaves
- In a medium saucepan, stir-fry onion in oil until golden brown.
- Add shrimp, chiles, and shrimp paste; fry for 1 minute.
- Add water and bring to a boil.
- Add pumpkin, reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and salt; return to a boil and cook until pumpkin is tender.
- Serve garnished with lemon juice, basil leaves, and cilantro.