1/2 Photos of Thai Coconut Rice Noodles With Chicken
Sue Lau's Note:
If you like Pad Thai you will love this. If you love Thai curries, you will love this even more. It's not really that spicy, so add chopped Thai chiles if you like it more hot. It makes a ton, so invite a few of your friends over and have a martial arts film fest. Everybody will be so happy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 ounces rice vermicelli or 16 ounces angel hair pasta or 16 ounces spaghettini, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 16 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup light coconut milk (NOT Coco Lopez) or 1 cup regular unsweetened coconut milk (NOT Coco Lopez)
- 1/4 cup creamy smooth cashew butter or 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce (or soy sauce if you prefer)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon mild curry powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar or 1 tablespoon palm sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon red cayenne pepper
- 4 cups baby portabella mushrooms, sliced (crimini)
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 10 -12 scallions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 lime
- 1/2 cup roasted cashews, chopped
- 1/2 cup toasted coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 6 hot Thai chiles, minced (optional)
- 1Heat water for noodles and cook pasta 6-8 minutes (stir-fryable) or according to package directions.
- 2Drain noodles, rinse under cool water and allow to drain; cut into smaller pieces if desired.
- 3Meanwhile, toast coconut if necessary.
- 4Using a whisk, mix together ingredients for sauce: coconut milk, peanut butter, soy sauce, fish sauce, garlic, curry powder, brown sugar, and cayenne pepper.
- 5Heat oil in large pan until almost smoking.
- 6Add chicken and stir-fry until almost done and nicely browned.
- 7Add bell pepper and cook 1-2 minutes.
- 8Add mushrooms and cook until they are tender.
- 9Add chopped scallions, basil, and the juice of the lime and cook briefly.
- 10Stir in sauce mixture and allow to heat.
- 11Add cooked noodles and chopped cilantro and toss until thoroughly coated.
- 12Allow to heat through then remove from heat.
- 13Serve garnished with toasted coconut, chopped cashews, and minced chiles.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Coconut Rice Noodles With Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (258 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 419.2
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 36.2 mg
- Sodium 536.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 17.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
light coconut milk
smooth cashew butter