Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe came from Marty’s WineBar in Dallas, Texas!
Make and share this Thai Corn Cakes recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups fresh corn kernels (or frozen)
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons red bell peppers, seeded, chopped
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup corn oil (for frying)
- mixed salad green (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Spread corn out in a single layer on a lightly oiled baking sheet.
- Roast corn for 12 to 15 minutes. Cool and divide into 2 batches.
- While corn is cooking, prepare chopped ingredients(cilantro, garlic, jalapeno,and bell pepper). Combine 1 batch of corn with eggs, cornstarch, chopped ingredients, salt, and pepper. Purée in a food processor. Fold in remaining corn by hand.
- Heat corn oil to medium high in a skillet. Drop in 12 heaping tablespoons of batter and fry until golden brown, turn over and fry other side till golden brown. Serve with a dipping sauce if desired. Enjoy!