Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe came from Marty’s WineBar in Dallas, Texas!
Make and share this Thai Corn Cakes recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups fresh corn kernels (or frozen)
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons red bell peppers, seeded, chopped
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup corn oil (for frying)
- mixed salad green (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Spread corn out in a single layer on a lightly oiled baking sheet.
- Roast corn for 12 to 15 minutes. Cool and divide into 2 batches.
- While corn is cooking, prepare chopped ingredients(cilantro, garlic, jalapeno,and bell pepper). Combine 1 batch of corn with eggs, cornstarch, chopped ingredients, salt, and pepper. Purée in a food processor. Fold in remaining corn by hand.
- Heat corn oil to medium high in a skillet. Drop in 12 heaping tablespoons of batter and fry until golden brown, turn over and fry other side till golden brown. Serve with a dipping sauce if desired. Enjoy!
Even though I had a mishap - my hand blender stopped in the middle of making this recipe - I still had good enough results to know how this would work if all equipment was working. I think I did not get a good enough puree. My first pancakes fell apart, so I added a bit more cornstarch, and they held together well. I used less jalapeno than indicated - I like it but the batch I got from the market is much hotter than usual. Otherwise used everything. I saved a couple for lunch tomorrow, I think they will reheat very well. Made for Newest Zaar tag game.