This recipe came from Marty’s WineBar in Dallas, Texas!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups fresh corn kernels (or frozen)
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons red bell peppers, seeded, chopped
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup corn oil (for frying)
- mixed salad green (for garnish)
- 1Preheat oven to 350*F.
- 2Spread corn out in a single layer on a lightly oiled baking sheet.
- 3Roast corn for 12 to 15 minutes. Cool and divide into 2 batches.
- 4While corn is cooking, prepare chopped ingredients(cilantro, garlic, jalapeno,and bell pepper). Combine 1 batch of corn with eggs, cornstarch, chopped ingredients, salt, and pepper. Purée in a food processor. Fold in remaining corn by hand.
- 5Heat corn oil to medium high in a skillet. Drop in 12 heaping tablespoons of batter and fry until golden brown, turn over and fry other side till golden brown. Serve with a dipping sauce if desired. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Egg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Egg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Corn Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (118 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 194.7
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 105.7 mg
- Sodium 435.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 5.9 g