Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 mins
Posting for Chef #29196. Please see my recipe for Spicy Cucumber Relish.
Make and share this Thai Fishcakes With Sweet Chilli Sauce and Cucumber Relish recipe from Food.com.
- 500 g white fish fillets, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornflour (cornstarch)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup green beans, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, finely chopped
- vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- 1⁄2 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1⁄2 cup spicy cucumber relish
- In a food processor, mince fish to a paste.
- Add curry paste, fish sauce, cornflour and egg. Combine well.
- Transfer to a bowl and mix in beans and onions.
- Wet hands and shape mix into flat round cakes approximately 5cm in diameter and 1cm thick.
- Deep-fry in vegetable oil until golden brown, about 5-7 minutes.
- Drain on paper towel.
- Serve with sweet chili sauce and cucumber relish.
Very very tasty. Also easy to make. For me the frying time was too long and I would reduce it next time by several minutes.
Originally rated on 3/14/09 - This recipe made it into my book#266453. Outstanding!!! This recipe was a little bit out of my comfort zone, but I am soooooooo happy that I decided to give it a whirl. These fishcakes are definitely restaurant quality. I used whitefish, discarding the skin as I diced it. The recipe was followed exactly and I wouldn't change a darn thing. Definitely take the suggestion and serve these with BOTH the sweet chili sauce (store-bought) and the cucumber relish (made using Jewelies recipe). It is a taste treat with all those flavors! The fishcakes, themselves, are nicely mild and crispy on the outside. The toppings have the zing and are perfect complements. Fantastic recipe. My son ate 2 of these and wanted more (he usually doesn't love fish). Bravo!