From Real Simple. I will use zucchini in place of the eggplant when making this. Can be made with shrimp instead of chicken.
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, stems removed
- 3 jalapenos, seeded and chopped
- 1 piece fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 1 small eggplant, quartered lengthwise and sliced 1/2 inch thick crosswise
- 2 (13 1/2 ounce) cans unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- Place the cilantro, jalapeños, ginger, and 1 tablespoon of the oil in a food processor and pulse until combined.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and eggplant and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the coconut milk, soy sauce, and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt. Bring to a simmer.
- Add the reserved cilantro mixture, the remaining salt, and the chicken.
- Simmer gently until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce thickens slightly, about 7 minutes.
- Serve over the rice.