1/2 Photos of Thai Golden Bags
These make wonderful party appetizers. They look very cute and kids love eating them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 ounces ground pork
- 2 ounces shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 wood ear mushrooms, soaked and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons mushroom soy sauce (or 1 tbsp fish sauce and 1 tsp soy sauce)
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 25 wonton wrappers
- 25 chives (optional) or 5 -10 green onions, green part only (optional)
- vegetable oil
- Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1Chop up shrimp and mix with ground pork, mushrooms, garlic, green onions, mushroom soy sauce, and black pepper.
- 2Scoop a teaspoonful of mixture onto the wrapper.
- 3Pull the edges up and pinch to close making a little bag. Repeat until all the mixture is used up.
- 4Optional: Tie with a chive (*be sure to knot it twice so it doesn’t come apart). If you are using green onions, place them in boiling water for 20 seconds to make more pliable. Cut each green onion into 3-5 thin strips (lengthwise) and tie around the bags.
- 5Heat oil in deep fryer or wok until very hot.
- 6Fry until golden brown. Place on a paper towel to drain excess oil.
- 7Serve with Thai sweet chili sauce.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Golden Bags
Serving Size: 1 (644 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 45.6
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 8.4 mg
- Sodium 62.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 2.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mushroom soy sauce