This is from Cooking Light. I'm posting it here for safe-keeping because I've been looking for a good, healthy, low-cal version of this soup for years! The nutrition facts are leaving out a lot of ingredients, so here's the scoop... Serving size: 2 cups. Calories per serving: 135.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 stalk lemongrass, halved and crushed (4-inch)
- 1/2 habanero pepper, minced
- 1 cup shiitake mushroom, thinly sliced (about 2 ounces)
- 1/2 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 medium tomato, cut into wedges
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1Combine chicken broth, kaffir lime leaves, lemongrass, and habanero in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Cook 5 minutes.
- 2Add mushrooms and shrimp to pan; cook 3 minutes or until shrimp are done.
- 3Add juice, fish sauce, tomato, and onions to pan; cook 2 minutes.
- 4Remove from heat; stir in coconut milk and cilantro. Discard lemongrass stalk and lime leaves.
Browse Our Top Thai Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Hot & Sour Soup With Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (119 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 95.7
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 86.4 mg
- Sodium 320.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 12.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
kaffir lime leaves
light coconut milk