1/2 Photos of Thai Inspired Turkey Burgers (Low Fat)
This is my latest concoction in my mission to bring healthier food to my household. Over the past few weeks I have been using Fridays to try out different versions of healthier burgers. Tonight we had these Thai inspired turkey burgers. They had a fresh taste and I think it is important to use the fresh versions of the ingredients rather than dried spices to get that taste. I had mine on a bun with some crisp lettuce and some fat free mayo and ketchup. I bet they would be really nice with some sweet chili sauce in place of the ketchup and mayo though. These could easily be made up and frozen raw to have ready when short of time. Cooking time includes chilling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put the lemongrass, garlic, ginger, green onions, cilantro, chili flakes and lime zest into a food processor or chopper along with the water and blitz them until they are finely chopped and combined.
- 2Add the mixture to the turkey and also put in the egg white.
- 3Mix the turkey and the other ingredients together by hand until they are well combined.
- 4Put into the fridge to chill for about 30 minutes for them to firm up a bit.
- 5Take out of the fridge and shape into four equal sized burger patties.
- 6Then either fry them off in a pan as you would normally do or do as I do and brush them very lightly with a bit of extra virgin olive oil and cook them on a Foreman type grill. It takes about 8 minutes or so for them to be fully cooked.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Inspired Turkey Burgers (Low Fat)
Serving Size: 1 (144 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 182.6
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 89.5 mg
- Sodium 126.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 21.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
limes, zest of