I am posting this by request for another reader who was looking for this recipe. Preparation time is a guess as I have never made the recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Hearts of Palm
- 1/4 cup champagne vinegar
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 inch piece gingerroot, smashed
- 1/4 small fresh red chili pepper
- 1 inch piece hearts of palm, outer layer removed, sliced into thin rounds and rinsed (You can use fresh or canned)
Lobster and Dressing
- 2 (1 1/4 lb) lobsters, cooked
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon shallot, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 avocado, pitted and skinned
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon shallot, minced
- 1 dash hot sauce
Melon or Mango
- 1To make the hearts of palm, combine the vinegars, mirin, sugar, ginger and chili in a pot over high heat and bring to a boil.
- 2Pour over the sliced hearts of palm while still hot.
- 3Allow to cool and refrigerate until ready to use.
- 4To make the lobster, separate each lobster into tails and claws, reserving the body for another use.
- 5Peel off the shells, slice the meat into uniform pieces and refrigerate until ready to use.
- 6Whisk together the basil, mint, cilantro, shallots, garlic, lime juice, lemon juice, fish sauce, honey and vegetable oil in a large bowl for the marinade.
- 7Adjust the acidity, if necessary, with extra lime or lemon juice.
- 8Add enough dressing to the lobster to moisten and flavour, and toss to combine.
- 9Reserve the remaining dressing.
- 10To make the avocado, combine the avocado, lime juice, garlic, shallots, hot sauce and salt in a bowl and mix with a fork until chunky.
- 11To assemble, place a 3" ring mold in the middle of a serving plate.
- 12Place a small spoonful of avocado on the bottom of the ring mold.
- 13Place a layer of sliced mango or melon on top.
- 14Place pieces of lobster on top of the mango and repeat until the lobster reaches the top of the ring mold.
- 15Top with marinated hearts of palm and pull off the ring mold.
- 16Sprinkle diced mango or melon around the lobster stack, drizzle over dressing, and serve.
- 17Repeat with the remaining plates.
Browse Our Top Lobster Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Marinated Lobster With Avocado and Hearts of Palm
Serving Size: 1 (321 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 528.4
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 269.5 mg
- Sodium 1565.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 30.2 g
- Protein 55.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar
hearts of palm