Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
I've been a long-time fan of California Pizza Kitchen's Thai-style pizza. This one adapted from "Pizza on the Grill" blows it away with fresh mango, bean sprouts, mint leaves and chopped peanuts.
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter (ideally natural)
- 1 tablespoon thai chili-garlic sauce (Sriracha)
- 6 tablespoons canned unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 lb prepared pizza dough, at room temperature (I like Oops, It's a Fat Free Pizza Crust)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken (sliced or shredded)
- 1 ripe mango, peeled, pitted and cut into matchstick-size slices
- 3 scallions, sliced thinly on an angle (white and green parts)
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup fresh bean sprout, brown root ends snapped off
- 1⁄4 cup fresh mint leaves, cut into ribbons or 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1 lime, cut into 4 wedges
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine the peanut butter, chili garlic sauce and coconut milk.
- Spread the pizza crust with the peanut sauce. Top with the chicken, mango and scallions. Sprinkle with the cheese.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with the bean sprouts, mint and nuts. Slice and serve immediately with the lime wedges for some extra zing. Optional: top with thinly sliced Thai bird chiles and serve with a Thai beer to beat the heat!
Wow, what a delicious pizza! I subbed cucumbers for the bean sprouts and followed others' advice on halving the sauce (which was still plenty) - except for adding more chili sauce. I also left the mango raw and used half the cheese for our tastes. Such a unique combination of flavors that unexpected works perfectly together!
I made this replacing the chicken for chick peas to make it vegetarian, topping with bean sprouts, shredded carrot, scallions, cilantro, peanuts and mozzarella. Next time I will brush the crust with sesame oil and increase the amount of garlic chili sauce. Made this for family pizza night, and my husband thought it was excellent!
I never thought I'd be putting peanut butter, cheese and mangoes on a pizza... but I loved the result. Very fresh-tasting and different. I topped this with plenty of sriracha sauce, as I can't eat pizza without loads of hot sauce. Loved it. Next time, I'd love to try a vegetarian version with chickpeas like a previous reviewed mentioned.