This is a delicious thai dish that I made after tinkering with a few. Soooo good! You can use any combination of vegies you like, and even change the chicken to shrimp if you prefer.
- 1 lb linguine
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3⁄4 cup carrot, julienned
- 3⁄4 cup zucchini, julienned
- 1 cup broccoli floret
- 4 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 6 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄2-1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup toasted peanuts
- Cook linguini to al dente.
- While linguini is cooking, grill or saute chicken until done; slice thinly and set aside.
- Make peanut sauce by combining ginger, orange juice, soy sauce, sesame oil, brown sugar, vinegar and peanut butter. Mix well. Set aside.
- Heat wok or large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add oil.
- When oil is hot, add vegies and sauce 1 minute.
- Add in chicken, peanut sauce and wine, and cook until reduced by half.
- Place drained linguini in a large bowl.
- Pour sauce over, toss.
- Garnish with cilantro and peanuts.
Wow this is a terrific chicken dish! Just loved the rich sauce. I used the optional jalapeno and thought the spice from that was perfect and necessary in the peanut sauce. I had some leftover grilled chicken so used that; I had some wide egg noodles in the pantry so used those for the pasta. Great meal - thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for ZWT9, The Apron String Travelers
This recipe has been one of my family's favorites. My husband is India so he spices it up a little differently and we will be making the recipe for a friends 16th birthday because it is her favorite meal. Charmie, thanks for posting this with the easy way to change the number of portions!
Delicious! We really enjoyed this dish. I included the optional jalapeno and used rice noodles instead of linguine due to food allergy. Thanks for sharing! ZWT6