Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Sweet and Spicy sauce, with many different ways to use it. We like garlic and ginger so we may have added a little more then you may like!
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup scallion, finely chopped (or onion)
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons gingerroot, finely chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter (recommend natural)
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 dried hot red chili peppers
- Heat oil in Wok over moderate heat
- Cook scallions, garlic and ginger, stirring, about 1 minute.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a simmer, stirring constantly until mixture is smooth.
- Then added cooked chicked and let it thicken
- We had this with rice, you could also use it as a dipping sauce.
- This sauce will last for about one month in the refrigerator with out chicken.
Just loved this over whole wheat spaghetti! I took the liberty of adding a spoonful of cornstarch mixed in water to thicken it. Thank you! Made for the Asian Peanut Butter Sauce Challenge;.\.