Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This Thai-poached salmon recipe shows you how to quickly transform a piece of salmon into a lovely, fragrant meal. Using Thai curry paste and coconut milk, a lovely balance of heat and creaminess is easy to achieve - you'll be impressed.
- Cook rice according to the packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat a medium frying pan. Add curry paste and cook, stirring, for a few seconds.
- Gradually stir in a coconut cream and bring to a simmer.
- Add salmon fillets, cover and simmer for 7-8 minutes, turning the fish over halfway.
- Meanwhile, blanch green beans in a pan of simmering water until just tender. Drain and divide between 2 hot serving plates.
- Stir some fresh cilantro leaves into the sauce. Top the beans with the salmon, spooning over the sauce. Garnish with cilantro and serve with the cooked rice.
Very good recipe! We enjoyed it very much with some lime-cilantro basmati rice. Instead of blanching, I cooked the green beans in the coconut cream and (green) chili paste, that I also added some basil from our garden before poaching the salmon. Also squeezed half a lime into the sauce before serving. We really enjoyed it and it was so easy!