1/1 Photo of Thai Prawn And Pineapple Curry, "Kaeng Khua Saparot"
This I have to make yet. Found it at the ImportFood.com sight. A quote from them "The pineapple adds a touch of tart sweetness to this dish. It has a rich creamy texture, and a red coloration that is an attractive complement to the shrimp. If you want to be a little fancy you can serve it in pineapple skin bowls." In place of palm sugar you can use Brown sugar!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 cup pineapple (cubed or pulped)
- 4 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons palm sugar
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 16 prawns, about 3 inches long
- 2 -3 kaffir lime leaves, shredded
- 1 tablespoon Thai red chili pepper, slivered
- 15 fresh basil leaves
- 1Peel, devein, and behead the shrimp, leaving only the small tail shells on.
- 2Drop two tomatoes into boiling water for about a minute, then remove to cold water, peel, quarter, discard the seed pulp, and chop the flesh.
- 3You want 2 tablespoons of chopped tomatoes.
- 4In a little oil in a medium hot wok, briefly saute the garlic and basil, removing it and reserving it when the aroma is fully developed.
- 5Cook the curry paste briefly to develop the aroma, then add half the coconut milk, the fish sauce, tomatoes, pineapple, lime juice and sugar.
- 6Stir to combine fully.
- 7Add the prawns and cook until they turn slightly pink and opaque.
- 8Add the remainder of the coconut milk, the lime leaves and slivered chili, at the same time returning the sauted garlic and basil to the pan.
- 9Transfer to a serving dish and serve with steamed Thai jasmine rice.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Prawn And Pineapple Curry, "Kaeng Khua Saparot"
Serving Size: 1 (207 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 271.8
- Calories from Fat 219
- Total Fat 24.4 g
- Saturated Fat 21.4 g
- Cholesterol 30.2 mg
- Sodium 1564.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 6.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red curry paste
kaffir lime leaves