1/2 Photos of Thai Pumpkin Soup
This one came in a Dutch -language "health magazine" called ZIN IN MEER (really just a trumped-up advertising folder) that I received in the mail last week and it was so unusual that I had to try it out immediately. My family loved it. The name of the magazine translates loosely into "Liking/Desire for More", by the way, and I know I'm already craving more of this flavorful, and very attractive fall soup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 500 ml coconut milk
- 500 ml chicken stock or 500 ml vegetable stock (OR 1 bouillon cube dissoved in 500 ml water)
- 400 g fresh pumpkin, in cubes (peeled, cleaned, and without seeds)
- 1 hot pepper, finely chopped,with or without seeds according to your heat tolerance (red jalapeno is nice for the color)
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lime, zest of
- 3 lemongrass, stems tender white part only,finely chopped
- 1 lime, juice of
- salt and pepper, to taste
- chopped cilantro, for garnish (optional)
- 1Add the coconut milk and the stock to a large cooking pan, and bring to the boil.
- 2Add the pumpkin, hot pepper, shallots, garlic and lime zest.
- 3When the mixture returns to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for approximately 10 minutes, uncovered, or until the pumpkin is cooked and softened.
- 4At this point you can refrigerate and finish the dish later if desired.
- 5Puree the mixture with a hand blender or in a food processor.
- 6Add the lemongrass, and bring the mixture again up to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 7Take the pan off the heat, add the lime juice and add salt and pepper, if needed.
- 8Serve immediately, garnished with chopped cilantro, if desired.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Pumpkin Soup
Serving Size: 1 (387 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 338.0
- Calories from Fat 258
- Total Fat 28.7 g
- Saturated Fat 24.4 g
- Cholesterol 3.8 mg
- Sodium 201.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 7.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
limes, zest of