This is a spicy combination of vegetables with a coconut flavour! It makes for a hearty lunch/dinner and is one of those dishes that imparts its own elegance to the table.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup broccoli floret
- 3/4 cup baby corn, diced
- 3/4 cup cauliflower floret
- 1/2 medium red pepper, diced
- 1/2 medium green pepper, diced
- 1/2 medium yellow pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup tofu, cheese cubes
- 1/4 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1/2 cup spinach, shredded
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
For red curry paste
- 4 red chilies
- 1 inch ginger
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 2 lemongrass, stalks
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1Soak red chillies in water for 15 minutes.
- 2Coarse grind with other ingredients.
- 3In a glass dish, microwave oil on HIGH for 2 minutes uncovered.
- 4Add spring onion, bell peppers and curry paste.
- 5Mix and microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes uncovered.
- 6Add Broccoli, babycorn, cauliflower and 2 tbsp water.
- 7Mix and microwave on HIGH for 4 minutes uncovered.
- 8Allow standing time of 2 minutes.
- 9Add spinach, mushrooms and tofu.
- 10Mix and microwave on HIGH for 3 minutes covered.
- 11Allow standing time of 2 minutes.
- 12Add coconut cream, cornflour mixed with 1 cup water, salt, sugar and soya sauce.
- 13Mix and microwave on MEDIUM 50% for 4 minutes uncovered or until curry thickens to the required consistency.
- 14Serve garnished with spring onion and spring onion leaves.
- 15Serve hot with Thai green rice or steamed rice.
- 16Guideline- For best thickening results, always microwave gravy dishes on MEDIUM power.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Red Curry
Serving Size: 1 (527 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 594.4
- Calories from Fat 269
- Total Fat 29.9 g
- Saturated Fat 13.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 448.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 50.9 g
- Protein 12.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
spring onion leaves