Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
You could use regular coconut milk instead of lite for a richer flavor, but using the light saves a lot of fat and calories. You can use any vegetables in this that you like, and some lemongrass would be good in here too.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion
- 1 large carrots or 2 small carrots, sliced
- 1 stalk celery
- 1⁄2 bell pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) can bamboo shoots, strips, drained
- 1 small savoy cabbage, thinly sliced (or 1/2 large head)
- 1 head bok choy, green parts only, sliced
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 cup button mushroom, sliced
- 1 zucchini, sliced into half moons
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 (14 ounce) can light coconut milk
- fresh basil, cut into strips (if you can find thai basil or holy basil, use it)
- In large, deep skillet, heat oil and saute onions, carrots, and celery for a minute or two.
- Add the rest of the vegetables and saute for another two or three minutes.
- Add curry paste and stir until all vegetables are coated.
- Stir in coconut milk. The vegetables should be nicely coated. If more liquid is needed, stir in a little vegetable stock or water.
- Let cook, stirring frequently, until vegetables are cooked to the doneness that you like.
- Salt to taste, and serve over jasmine rice or brown rice, sprinkled with basil.
This was amazing!!! I love Thai food and I'm a vegetarian so I was afraid the lack of tofu would make the dish less than great but I loved the veggies on their own. More people should really try this. I didn't have all the veggies on hand, I basically used frozen mixed vegetables and thought it still tasted great.
i love this recipe! I've made it so many times i have it bookmarked on my computer for reference. thanks! :)