Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This has a wonderful spicy flavor. It's great for potlucks because you can make it ahead of time and it doesn't need reheating.
- 1 cup white rice, uncooked
- 1⁄3 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne (or to taste--I like more)
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh spinach, cut into thin strips
- Cook rice as directed on package.
- Transfer to a large bowl.
- Whisk together peanut butter, vinegar, oil, soy sauce, sugar, ginger, garlic, and cayenne.
- Add peanut sauce, chicken, cucumber and onion to rice and mix well.
- Just before serving, stir in spinach.
Yum, we enjoyed this salad very much! I used Brown rice, seasoned rice wine vinegar and added 1/4 C chopped peanuts for extra crunch. Also used Siracha hot sauce (two squirts) instead of Cayenne pepper. Next time I will add some carrot or sliced red pepper to add some additional color.
I loved this! The dressing is delicious in the salad and on rice all by itself. I added cilantro and some lime juice. Thanks for the great posting.