Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
YUM-O -- Haven't made this yet, but plan to very soon!!. Saw Rachel Ray make it today on "30-Minute Meals" I know it will be delish and it will take longer then 30 minutes to prepare, at least for me... I finally made this and it is so delicious and yes, it took me more then 30 mins. NOTE: You can buy whole roasted red peppers at the grocery store (usually in a jar) or you can make them yourself. I used Roasted Red Bell Peppers
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails removed
- 6 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 inch gingerroot, finely chopped
- 4 scallions, chopped into 1-inch pieces (white and green parts)
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste (mild or hot)
- 2 roasted red peppers, sliced (see note in the recipe description)
- 1 cup coconut milk, unsweetened
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1 1⁄2 cups couscous
- 1 cup fresh basil leaf, shredded
- 2 cups iceberg lettuce, shredded (1/2 small head)
- 1⁄2 cup peanuts, chopped (for garnish)
- Before starting, have all ingredients, prepped, measured, chopped, and ready to go, it goes together fast --.
- Heat a couple of tablespoons of vegetable oil over high heat. Add shrimp and toss 2 minutes then add the mushrooms, garlic, ginger, scallions, salt and pepper and cook 3 to 4 minutes more tossing constantly. Stir in curry paste, roasted red pepper and coconut milk and reduce heat to low. Simmer a few minutes then stir in peas to heat through.
- In a sauce pot bring chicken stock, butter and the lime zest to a boil. Add couscous and stir. Turn off heat, cover pot and let stand. Add basil and the lime juice to the pot and fluff with a fork.
- Serve couscous topped with a layer of chopped lettuce then a few ladles of red curry shrimp. Garnish with chopped peanuts.