1/1 Photo of Thai Shrimp Kabobs With Hot Ginger Sauce
echo echo's Note:
Adapted from a pamphlet of seafood appetizers I found tucked into one of my sister's cookbooks, with a couple changes. This dish may be prepared ahead and refrigerated, then grilled just before serving; sauce can be prepared ahead and reheated. Serve as an appetizer OR on a bed of rice as an entree, with small dishes of condiments (chopped peanuts, chopped scallions, coconut, etc.) to sprinkle on it. Preparation time does not include marinating time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup canola oil or 1/2 cup peanut oil
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
HOT GINGER SAUCE
- 1Combine marinade ingredients (oil through garlic) in a ceramic or glass bowl.
- 2Stir in shrimp, cover and refrigerate between 3 hours and overnight.
- 3Thread shrimp on skewers and grill just until opaque (about 5 minutes).
- 5In a small saucepan, combine apricot preserves, soy sauce, lemon juice and 1/2 tsp grated ginger; bring to a boil.
- 6Dissolve cornstarch in orange juice and add to apricot mixture.
- 7Stir just until sauce thickens.
- 8Serve hot with shrimp.
Browse Our Top Lemon Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lemon Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Shrimp Kabobs With Hot Ginger Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (235 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 337.2
- Calories from Fat 178
- Total Fat 19.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 190.9 mg
- Sodium 2373.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 23.8 g