1/1 Photo of Thai Shrimp Rolls
These are easier to roll if you put the lettuce down first, but when you get the knack of rolling them, try putting 2 shrimp against where they will show when rolled up--most attractive for serving to guests!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 28.34 g uncooked rice noodles
- 4 medium romaine lettuce leaves
- 4 sheet round rice paper (8-inch)
- 8 large fresh basil leaves
- 8 medium shrimp, peeled,steamed,and halved lengthwise (about 4 ounces)
- 20 slice cucumbers, seeded,peeled and julienne cut (2-inch)
- 20 slice green onion tops, julienne cut (2-inch)
- 20 slice carrots, julienne cut (2-inch)
- 12 medium fresh mint leaves
- 1To prepare sauce, combine vinegar, honey, fish sauce, and curry paste, stir well and set aside.
- 2To prepare rolls, cook rice sticks according to package directions, drain and rinse under cold water.
- 3Drain well.
- 4Trim fibrous ribs from lettuce leaves to flatten leaves.
- 5Add hot water to a large, shallow dish to a depth of 1 inch.
- 6Place 1 rice paper sheet in dish; let stand 30 seconds or until soft.
- 7Place sheet on a flat surface.
- 8Arrange 1 lettuce leaf over sheet.
- 9Top lettuce with 2 basil leaves, 4 shrimp halves, 2 tablespoons noodles, 5 cucumber strips, 5 carrot strips, 5 green onion strips, and 3 mint leaves.
- 10Fold sides of sheet over filling, and roll up jelly-roll fashion.
- 11Gently press seam to seal.
- 12Place roll seam side down on a serving platter (cover to prevent dryin).
- 13Repeat procedure with remaining rice sheets.
- 14Serve with the sauce.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Shrimp Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (108 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 69.1
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 17.1 mg
- Sodium 162.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 2.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Thai red curry paste
green onion tops