Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is best made with dry breads or you can let bread sit overnight before using. To make smaller pieces for a party use cocktail bread. The Thai sweet chili sauce can be found in Asian markets, but if it is too difficult to find you can use sweet and sour sauce as a substitute.
- Chop up shrimp and mix with pork.
- In another bowl mix cilantro, garlic, salt, and pepper, then add into shrimp and pork mixture.
- Add in egg and soy sauce.
- Divide the mixture into 10 parts.
- Spread mixture onto the bread and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Heat oil in a wok or pan until hot.
- Place bread in hot oil face down; cook until golden.
- Remove and place it on paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Serve with Thai sweet chili sauce.
Great accompaniment to Spicy Shrimp Stir fry with Ginger Coconut Rice.
Delicious! I made this without the shrimp because I was too lazy to go back to the store. If allergies don't preclude it, I recommend using peanut instead of vegetable oil. I'll be making it again & again. It is wonderful.