Make this as spicey as you want or as mild. This is one Thai recipe without peanuts it is from the figment of my imagination, tweaked twice. This is the type of recipe you may change ingredients at will , use up left overs etc etc. Have fun with it. I like to serve it over Chow Mein Fried Noodles. Add fresh Jalapeneo peppers too if you like. There are many Hot/sweet Thai Chili sauces but I like UFC brand. If you like your veggies well cooked steam the carrots until tender before adding to the pan.. I like mine crunchie so I use them raw.
- 1 lb chicken breast, Skinless & Boneless
- 1⁄4 cup red pepper, Chopped 1/2-inch dice
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped 1/2-inch dice
- 12 baby carrots, cut to 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, Chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar or 2 tablespoons brown sugar substitute
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons chicken stock
- 5 tablespoons sweet hot chili sauce (more or less it up to you)
- cilantro (to garnish)
- Cut the chicken into bite size pieces.
- Stir Fry the cut chicken until browned (apprx 5 minutes).
- Add peppers, mushrooms & carrots, stir fry for 5 minutes more over medium high heat.
- Add green onions cook 1 minute.
- Mix together remaining ingredients (except Cilantro garnish), pour over chicken simmer 5 minutes .
- Meanwhile cook your Noodles or rice or whatever you are serving it with.