Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1 (8 ounce) package rice vermicelli
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 lb lean pork loin, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup dried shrimp
- 1 fresh cayenne pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons fish sauce
- 4 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Soak rice vermicelli in a bowl of warm water 10 minutes, then drain well; set aside.
- Soak dried shrimp in 1/4 cup water for 5 minutes; set aside.
- Heat oil in wok; stir-fry onion and garlic until golden, adding a few drops of water if onion begins to stick (remember this process throughout cooking).
- Add pork and shrimp in water and stir-fry for 5 minutes.
- Add cayenne, carrots, black pepper, and fish sauce; cook 2 minutes.
- Add vermicelli and stir well 1 minute.
- Garnish with green onion and fresh cilantro.
this is just wonderful and so easy to throw together! i followed your recipe exactly except for the carrots which i omitted but i used snow peas, slivered instead. very tasty, thanks sue
Very tasty Sue. Thank you.
This was VERY yummy and quite easy to do! I took the dish to a Thai cooking night at a friends house and it went very fast! Only thing I changed was I didn't have the dried shrimp as I couldn't get my hands on any. And, I added more cilantro as I think it is delicious!