1/1 Photo of Thai Style Chicken Soup
Tasty chicken soup
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 leek, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 500 g chicken thigh fillets, thinly sliced
- 1 liter water
- 3 chicken stock cubes, crumbled
- 1 stalk lemongrass, halved
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons sambal oelek
- 1 tablespoon cornflour (cornstarch)
- 1 tablespoon water, extra
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 small red chile, deseeded and sliced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander, chopped
- 1Heat oil in pan, add leek and garlic, cook, stirring until leek is soft.
- 2Stir in curry powder, cumin and coriander, cook, stirring until fragrant.
- 3Add chicken, cook, stirring until chicken is lightly browned.
- 4Stir in water, stock cubes, lemon grass, coconut milk and sambal oelek.
- 5Bring to boil, simmer, uncovered for about 10 minutes.
- 6Blend cornflour with extra water and fish sauce.
- 7Stir through soup until soup boils and thickens.
- 8Remove and discard lemon grass.
- 9Stir in chilli, shallots, lime juice and coriander.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Style Chicken Soup
Serving Size: 1 (545 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 422.1
- Calories from Fat 274
- Total Fat 30.5 g
- Saturated Fat 20.9 g
- Cholesterol 104.2 mg
- Sodium 1119.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 28.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: