Prep 35 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a healthy and delicious Thai inspired recipe. We made this last week and loved it! Recipe by Neva & Jim Brackett in their 7 Secrets Cookbook to lose weight, lower cholesterol, and reverse diabetes.
- 1 cup carrot, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper (can also use yellow)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 -5 small zucchini, diced small
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons Braggs liquid aminos (or 1-2 Tbsp soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 cup garbanzo beans (chickpeas) or 1 cup lentils, cooked
- 1 cup frozen peas
- salt, to taste
- cooked rice
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro (optional)
- Place diced carrots, onion, peppers, and garlic (not the peas yet) in a kettle with a small amount of water and curry powder. Simmer about 5 minutes until tender.
- Add zucchini, cover, and simmer 5 more minutes.
- Blend all the remaining ingredients, except the peas and garboanzos or lentils, in a blender until smooth.
- Add the blended ingredients, the peas, and the garbanzos or lentils to the rest of the vegetables. Heat and serve over rice.
This was easy to make and my family enjoyed it. Thanks for the recipe.
Delicious! I will make again- full of wonderful flavor and quite filling.
Made for ZWT and it is very good. Nice and spicy, lots of good veggies. Made for ZWT.