Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From "Everyday Food" episode 501, "All in One Bag."
Make and share this Thai-Style Steak Salad recipe from Food.com.
Marinade or Dressing
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- 2 (8 ounce) rib eye steaks
- kosher salt
- ground black pepper
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 3 carrots, peeled
- 1⁄2 cup mint leaf
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1⁄3 cup chopped peanuts
- Combine marinade ingredients. Pour 2 tablespoons of marinade over steaks, then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Let marinate 30 minutes.
- Heat a plain (not non-stick) skillet until very hot. Place steaks in dry skillet (if using a cut with less marbling, you may need a little oil); it will smoke, so have a fan going and/or a window open. Cook 5-6 minutes per side, depending on thickness, until medium-rare. Let rest 10 minutes before slicing.
- Cut lettuce crosswise into 1" ribbons. Cut carrots into thin ribbons with a vegetable peeler. Toss lettuce, carrots, mint, bean sprouts and reserved dressing in a bowl.
- Slice steak thinly across the grain and lay slices on top of salad. Sprinkle with peanuts and serve.