More comfort food for a cold winter night! Credit goes to Darlene King, a Cordon Bleu-trained chef who owns a gourmet food shop in Port Hope, Ontario.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Thai red curry paste (or curry powder)
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled & diced (about 12 oz)
- 2 cups chicken stock or 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 4 ounces shelled cooked crabmeat (about 1 cup)
- 1 small roasted red pepper, diced
- salt & pepper
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large pot.
- Saute onion until translucent, about 3 minutes; add garlic& saute for 30 seconds.
- Add curry, coriander& cumin and saute for 30 seconds longer.
- Add sweet potato& saute for another 30 seconds.
- Pour in stock& milk, bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer until the sweet potato is cooked- 20 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, let cool slightly& ladle into a food processor.
- Whirl until well blended, pour back into the pot, add crab& roasted red pepper and reheat.