1/1 Photo of Thai Sweet Potato with Crab Soup
More comfort food for a cold winter night! Credit goes to Darlene King, a Cordon Bleu-trained chef who owns a gourmet food shop in Port Hope, Ontario.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Thai red curry paste (or curry powder)
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled & diced (about 12 oz)
- 2 cups chicken stock or 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 4 ounces shelled cooked crabmeat (about 1 cup)
- 1 small roasted red pepper, diced
- salt & pepper
- 1Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large pot.
- 2Saute onion until translucent, about 3 minutes; add garlic& saute for 30 seconds.
- 3Add curry, coriander& cumin and saute for 30 seconds longer.
- 4Add sweet potato& saute for another 30 seconds.
- 5Pour in stock& milk, bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer until the sweet potato is cooked- 20 to 30 minutes.
- 6Remove from the heat, let cool slightly& ladle into a food processor.
- 7Whirl until well blended, pour back into the pot, add crab& roasted red pepper and reheat.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Sweet Potato with Crab Soup
Serving Size: 1 (340 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 398.2
- Calories from Fat 294
- Total Fat 32.7 g
- Saturated Fat 22.7 g
- Cholesterol 15.5 mg
- Sodium 443.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 11.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Thai red curry paste
roasted red peppers