If your not drinking Thai beer, Thai iced tea is the way to go. It is a native-grown red-leafed tea which is spiced with star anise seed. It is usually brewed strong and then blended with a rich swirl of evaporated milk. Delicious
- Bring the water to a boil in a large saucepan.
- Add the tea and remove the pan from heat.
- Stir to submerge all the tea leaves in the water.
- Steep for about 5 minutes.
- Pour the brew through a coffee filter or a fine-mesh strainer into a large pitcher.
- Add the sugar to the hot tea and stir to dissolve.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Fill tall glasses with crushed ice.
- Add enough of the tea to fill the glasses to within 1 inch from the top.
- Then float 3 to 4 tablespoons of evaporated milk over the ice in each glass.