Lovely vibrant fresh flavoured curry with a stunning yellow colour. Very fast and easy!
Make and share this Thai Yellow Chicken Curry With Potatoes and Tomatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 2 red chilies, depending on desired spice level (or substitute green)
- 1 small cooking onion
- 1 piece galangal or 1 piece ginger, about 4cm long, sliced
- 3 large garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried turmeric or 4 cm fresh turmeric, about 4cm long, sliced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 4 kaffir lime leaves, snipped into small pieces with scissors (discard central stem)
- 1 (400 ml) can coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice (or juice from 1/2 lime)
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 kg chicken piece
- 1 stalk lemongrass or 2 slices lemon rind
- 2 potatoes, scrubbed and chopped into wedges
- 1 red capsicum, de-seeded and sliced
- 1 -2 additional kaffir lime leaf, left whole
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup fresh coriander or 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, torn, to finish the dish
- Put all curry paste ingredients in a blender/food processor/ mortar and pestle, blend until quite smooth.
- Put chicken pieces and potatoes into a casserole dish, pour curry sauce over, cover and cook in a 375 degree oven for 45 minutes.
- Gently burst each tomato. Remove casserole from oven and add tomatoes and capsicum. Stir, cover and return to oven for another 20 minutes.
- Taste - add more chilli, lemon, salt or sugar as desired. Serve with steamed Jasmine or Basmati rice.