Member #610488's Note:
Quick and easy, light and satisfying Bangkok style Tom Yum Goong with a side of Ginger Snow Peas.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 4 slices lime zest (long strips)
- 1 (4 inch) lemongrass, halved and crushed
- 1/2 habanero pepper, minced
- 1 cup shiitake mushroom, thinly sliced
- 1/2 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 teaspoons nam pla, sauce
- 1 medium tomato, cut into wedges
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
Ginger Snow Peas
- 1Combine chicken broth, lime rind, lemongrass, and habanero in a large saucepan and bring to a boil. Cook 5 minutes.
- 2Heat dark sesame oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add snow peas and fresh ginger to pan then sauté 3 minutes.
- 3Add mushrooms and shrimp to broth in saucepan. Cook 3 minutes or until shrimp are done. Add juice, fish sauce, tomato, and onions to pan and cook 2 minutes.
- 4Remove soup from heat then stir in coconut milk and cilantro. Discard lemongrass stalk and lime leaves. Serve.
- 5Stir the soy sauce and black pepper into the snow peas and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tom Yum Goong (Hot and Sour Soup Thai Style)
Serving Size: 1 (203 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 147.3
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 86.4 mg
- Sodium 625.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 15.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
light coconut milk