Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A not-too-hot curry with Thai flavours. I absolutely adore this dish. It's better than restaurant quality. Don't leave out the fish sauce, it's the magic ingredient in Thai food and doesn't taste anything like it smells!
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 crushed garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon chopped gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 500 g boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into strips
- 400 ml reduced-fat coconut milk
- 500 g tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons Thai fish sauce
- 1⁄4 cup coriander, chopped
- 1 tablespoon palm sugar or 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan or pot and sauté the onion, garlic and ginger gently until the onion is soft.
- Stir in the curry paste and tomato paste and cook for 2 minutes, stirring.
- Add the chicken and cook for 3 minutes until it's coated in the spice mix and almost cooked.
- Stir in the coconut milk and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes, fish sauce, coriander and sugar.
- Simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Serve with jasmine rice.