A not-too-hot curry with Thai flavours. I absolutely adore this dish. It's better than restaurant quality. Don't leave out the fish sauce, it's the magic ingredient in Thai food and doesn't taste anything like it smells!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 crushed garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon chopped gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 500 g boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into strips
- 400 ml reduced-fat coconut milk
- 500 g tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons Thai fish sauce
- 1/4 cup coriander, chopped
- 1 tablespoon palm sugar or 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1Heat the oil in a large saucepan or pot and sauté the onion, garlic and ginger gently until the onion is soft.
- 2Stir in the curry paste and tomato paste and cook for 2 minutes, stirring.
- 3Add the chicken and cook for 3 minutes until it's coated in the spice mix and almost cooked.
- 4Stir in the coconut milk and bring to the boil.
- 5Reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 6Stir in the tomatoes, fish sauce, coriander and sugar.
- 7Simmer for another 5 minutes.
- 8Serve with jasmine rice.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato and Coconut Chicken Curry
Serving Size: 1 (328 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 237.6
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 103.7 mg
- Sodium 842.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 9.6 g
- Protein 26.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red curry paste
reduced-fat coconut milk